1980s.FM
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of 1980s.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

1980s.FM Store

:: 1980s.FM Store ::

1980s SAM Playlist Rotation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:35 pm   Post subject: 1980s SAM Playlist Rotation Reply with quote

I have made it so SAM only picks the least played artists and songs since everyone want to be able to pick popular songs. Hopefully this will light up some of your favorites. It may take a few days time though to notice. The only drawback I see is that SAM will be requesting stuff that has just been added to the playlist. We'll see how this plays out.
USA Devin888
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 448

Devin888 is offline View user's profile Send private message Devin888's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:16 pm   Post subject: thanks ! Reply with quote

Cool thanks JERIC sounds good Smile
GaryLASQ
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

aw

Member#: 428

GaryLASQ is offline View user's profile Send private message GaryLASQ's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you JERIC. Much appreciated.

I don't mind it when SAM picks a popular song as long as it has already been green for a day or two. It was bugging me when SAM picked my faves while they were still red (or green for only a few seconds) and then resetting the 10 day wait. This was pretty much my only complaint around here.
USA esmagnus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 505

esmagnus is offline View user's profile Send private message View esmagnus's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice move Smile
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 16

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

GaryLASQ wrote:
It was bugging me when SAM picked my faves while they were still red (or green for only a few seconds) and then resetting the 10 day wait.

I am affraid that this is still the case. Just saw one red in the queue requested by SAM. SAM can pick up all tracks that are played at least 4 days ago (the setting of 'No Repeats' for the new albums)

So I think if JERIC can change it in the setting to the normal 'No Repeats' (10 days)

In that case new added albums will be available as well for 6 days (after played once) even sam picks least played tracks.
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

aw

GaryLASQ is offline View user's profile Send private message GaryLASQ's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...

In my opinion, SAM should take a back seat to members. Songs should remain green for a couple of days before SAM picks them, so that members have a chance to pick them first.

I don't care if the song is incredibly obscure or insanely popular ... as long as members have a crack at it before SAM picks it.
GaryLASQ
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

aw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:06 pm   Post subject: Re: 1980s SAM Playlist Rotation Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
I have made it so SAM only picks the least played artists and songs since everyone want to be able to pick popular songs. Hopefully this will light up some of your favorites. It may take a few days time though to notice.

It does not look like the change is working. SAM continues to pick very popular songs and while they are still red. It just picked several very popular songs while they still had just one day to go before becoming green for members to pick.
USA esmagnus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

esmagnus is offline View user's profile Send private message View esmagnus's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur. SAM continues to snatch up reds and/or tracks that have just gone green.
Lieutenant

Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

11:30 PT - Three of my favs that were red this morning are now sitting in the queue courtesy of SAM:

Rita Coolidge
All Time High

Annabella
Passion Play

Beach Boys, The
Kokomo

JERIC - you mentioned in chat a couple days ago that SAM was working fine. I don't see how you can say that now.
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 166

mariel is offline View user's profile Send private message View mariel's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just wondering if SAM has a "preference" for albums or artists which have only single tracks. The examples that esmagnus listed above are all artists represented by only those single tracks. I have also noticed that artists or albums with only single tracks that are in my favorites list are almost always red - with at least part of that because of SAM.

Even if SAM goes through and picks artists or albums randomly - it could still lead to those single songs getting picked pretty often, just because those are the only songs that SAM can pick from them. Maybe that could explain at least some of it.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry everyone. The problem is we cannot program SAM the same way we can with php. I have lowered the request waits for humans so SAM will not pick as much. The other stations do not have this issue because the queue is dominated by members so I will try to do the same here.
USA esmagnus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to get more "humans" in here!!! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we cannot get SAM to not pick tracks between 4-10 days and have them available for you to request, I have removed the feature of allowing newly added albums to be requested in a shorter amount of time.

Before:

No Repeats
4/10 Days

After:

No Repeats
10/10 Days

I will probably keep it this way until we get enough tracks and members so this is not a issue anymore like the other stations.
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 16

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tnx JERIC.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm not understanding what this means. Maybe it's too early in the morning for me Smile
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: